Investment diversification is often the only risk management approach used by investors and other financial professionals. Unfortunately, a portfolio built upon a single risk management approach can result in unintended consequences. To help avoid this risk, Tempus Advisory Group seeks a layered approach to asset management:
Algorithms designed to approach risk in various ways
Our focus is on maximizing the compounding annual growth rate of a portfolio by utilizing a combination of downside risk mitigation and an emphasis on high-quality, low-cost holdings. A portfolio should be actively managed with full transparency; where all costs and potential risks are disclosed and expectations are clearly defined. Ideally, a portfolio should be aligned to a measurable financial goal and continually monitored.
We begin by assessing risk and identifying your goals. We discuss and review our quantitative strategies, then design a customized ecosystem. We will implement and provide ongoing due diligence to ensure your ecosystem remains suitable or adjust as needed.
Are you getting the Tempus Treatment?
- Do you know your personal and portfolio risk scores?
- Do you know your portfolio’s total cost (internal and external fees)?
- Are your investments aligned to a goal or goals?
- Are you reviewing your investments at least semi-annually?
- Does your investment advisor or manager commit to as least monthly due
diligence of the holdings he/she recommends?
- Do you know the difference between an investment advisor and a broker? Which are you working with?